This is hands on workshop for those that have taken Level 1 – Exploring Manual Photography. The day will start with a review of manual photography, lenses, and light as it relates to portrait photography. Then, join Karen as she demonstrates the art of capturing people, with a focus on using natural light. If weather permits, the group will head outdoors to photograph models. Throughout the day we will look at the images and be provided with feedback.
Please note that this class is NOT intended for professional photographers.
“Manual Photography workshop with Karen McKinnon was so fun! I learned so much and enjoyed the collaborative, enthusiastic atmosphere Karen created! Thanks again Lupine, another great workshop!” — Christie Burgess-Webb Jeffers
$149 / 1 class
Saturday 10:00am – 4:00pm
Who is this class for:
Focus: Skill Development
Adults only please. This is a level 2 workshop for those that have completed the Level 1 Exploring Manual Photography workshop or having taken a workshop with Karen McKinnon recently (within 2 years).
You must be comfortable with changing manual settings in your camera. If you are unsure of your skill level, please contact us.
What to bring:
- Camera that can shoot in manual mode
- Clean SD card for your camera
- Clothing suitable for our west coast weather including an umbrella if rain is expected
- Optional – Up to three printed photographs that you are unhappy how they turned out
- Optional – A tripod will GREATLY enrich your experience and are recommended, however they are not required
- Optional – A laptop to easily view your photos
If you have any questions at all about what you need to bring, please contact us.
Other things you should know:
Please arrive no more than 5 minutes before scheduled start time.
To see more of Karen’s work, check out her website: mckinnonphotography.com/
- April 25, 2020
10:00 am - 4:00 pm