Art related questions:
- At what age did you know you were going to become an artist?
5, 17, and 40
- How long have you been selling your art?
I sold my first drawing in 2016.
- What is your favourite medium to practice in?
- How would you describe your studio/workspace?
A room with a view.
- Where can people purchase your art?
- What was your favourite place to travel to?
Istanbul! Vancouver Island a close second before moving here!
- What was the best and worst purchases you’ve ever made?
Best: Chiles Rellenos small town Jalisco Mexico
Worst: Chiles Rellenos small town Jalisco Mexico (sorry guys, TMI?)
- What’s the dumbest way you’ve been injured?
Riding a bike with no helmet in downtown Toronto talking on a cellphone streetcar track
wipe out (never live it down!)
- Do you listen to podcasts and if so, what’s your favourite?
RadioLab, This American Life, On Being, Savage Love, Under the Skin
- What’s one of your nicknames?
Summy Summy Seamulch Bummy
- What’s your favorite cookie?
Oreo thin please.
- If someone asked to be your apprentice and learn all that you know, what would you teach them first?
I would teach them the basics of shape and form and seeing, and the value of really
trusting their own voice and vision to let the creative process unfold.