This class is delivered online with limited seats for a highly interactive experience with your instructor.
Learn how to paint beautiful trees in a variety of styles through a series of watercolour painting exercises.
Explore colour mixing, and how to control value, shape, and texture. We will practice controlling line and line ‘weight’ through brushwork. Learn how to use ‘wet into wet’ and ‘wet onto dry’ layering techniques to create different atmospheric effects. You will gain an understanding of how a high quality 100% cotton paper will make your paintings sing!
This class will be delivered using an app called Zoom that you will need to download. You can participate using your mobile, tablet or desktop. Prior to the class, you will be emailed instructions on how to connect with the classroom.
*Please note – Our goal is to create a highly interactive classroom environment and be able to give personal feedback to each participant. Therefore we ask that only one person attend a class per registration.
$79 / 1 class
Wednesday 10am – 1pm (PST)
Who is this class for:
Focus: Skill Development
Adults only please. This Level 2 class is designed for those who have been introduced to the medium and tools and seeking continued learning and practicing. Skill development will be the focus. These classes are ideal to be taken repeatedly for continued practice.
If you have never painted before, please take the Very Beginner Workshop prior to this class to learn the basic skills of watercolour painting. You can find the upcoming class here: https://www.lupineart.com/painting/
- watercolour paint set – tubes or pans
- water jar
- a small travel sized spray bottle filled with water (available at dollar store)
- table salt
- student grade practice paper eg. Canson XL cold press pad, Strathmore Visions or similar
- several sheets of 100% cotton paper – loose sheets or a pad eg. Opus Finest Watercolour paper, Arches, Winsor & Newton, Stonehenge
- scrap paper or sketchbook for notes and sketching
- round synthetic watercolour brushes: one or two in the 6 – 10 size range, liner size 0 or 1
- optional – small Chinese brush
- optional – iridescent watercolours
We have a Watercolour Sets available in our store found here: Lupine Art Store
If you prefer to buy your own supplies, below is a list of preferred suppliers:
- Courtenay – Benjamin Moore House of Colour
- Nanaimo – Iron Oxide
- February 17, 2021
10:00 am - 1:00 pm