Come play with us as we explore photography with Karen McKinnon of McKinnon Photography.
In this one-day photo workshop, Karen will take you from using your camera’s automatic settings to working in manual mode. On that journey, she will share tools and inspiration to find and refine your way of seeing.
This is a hands-on workshop that is open to all levels of photographers.
If you are used to shooting in automatic but want to venture into the powerful world of manual photography, this workshop is for you!
Topics to be discussed:
- Good light and how to find it
- Harnessing the power of composition
- Shutter speed
- And more…
We will be venturing outside for part of the class to capture the beauty of the Comox Valley (rain or shine).
“Great photography workshop this past weekend with Karen. Finally feeling good about the manual setting on my camera. Ready to get out there and experiment. Now I want more.” — Bobbi Howard-Muir
$149 / 1 class
Saturday 10:00am – 4:00pm
Who is this class for:
Focus: Learning the Basics
Adults only please. This Level 1 class is for students with little or no experience. You will learn the basic skills for use of tools and introduction to the medium.
What to bring:
- Camera that can shoot in manual mode
- Clean SD card for your camera
- Clothing suitable for our west coast weather including an umbrella if rain is expected
- Lunch, as we will likely have a working lunch
- A tripod will GREATLY enrich your experience and is recommended, however not required
- A laptop to view your photos is also recommended, but not required
If you have any questions at all about what you need to bring, please contact us.
Other things you should know:
Please arrive no more than 5 minutes before scheduled start time.
To see more of Karen’s work, check out her website: mckinnonphotography.com/
- February 29, 2020
10:00 am - 4:00 pm