We will be carving a sweet little fridge magnet – a heart with an arrow through it!
During the workshop you will learn:
- Safe knife handling and ergonomics
- Knife and tool sharpening,
- Material and wood types, plus grain direction
- Pattern selection
- Basic knife cuts and other tool types
- Detailing with wood burner and other media
- Finishing and preparation for painting (if time allows)
At the end of the class, you will have a carved piece of art you can proudly hang on your fridge and the confidence to continue carving on your own!
Covid protocols (if applicable at time of event):
- Please use hand sanitizer or wash hands with soap and water upon entry to studio
- Instructor will go over tool safety and protocols during the first class
$149 / 1 class
Sunday 12:00pm – 4:00pm
What is included:
Price of class includes one carving knife for you to keep, so you can keep practising your new skills at home!
You will also have access to a strop in class to learn how to sharpen your knife.
Who is this class for:
Focus: Skill Development
Adults only please. This Level 1 class is for students with little or no experience. You will learn the basic skills for use of tools and introduction to the medium.
What to bring:
You will need to bring a pair of cut proof gloves. You can purchase these at ONO in Courtenay.
As an option, you are welcome to purchase a detail knife (can be found at Wood To Work in Courtenay) and bring it to class with you.
We have aprons, but wear clothes that can withstand the elements (i.e. glue, paint, etc.) of a fun, creative art studio. Nothing else is required.
- October 24, 2021
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm