Get Out Your Pencils And Join Us For The Challenge!
The Comox Valley Arts Council (“CVA“) is launching their 4th annual 30 Days of Drawing Challenge and we are excited to take part! Want to join us as part of Team Lupine? December’s theme for us is “Practice” and that’s what drawing is all about. Refining your drawing skills is fun and will certainly help all of your other art endeavours.
You don’t need to have any experience whatsoever, just the commitment, and we will be by your side the whole time. Plus it’s a great fundraiser for CVA!
How It Works
It’s pretty simple – CVA will put out a January calendar with a different drawing challenge every day for each day of the month. Each challenge will be different. We will all draw each challenge and share it on in our Facebook Group (Friends of Lupine) and beyond. Before and during the challenge, we will collect pledges using the website Canada Helps. We will provide FREE admissions to Your Studio times for you to come draw with us if you are on our team! That’s worth $160 and 24 hours of studio time 🙂
Drop-in Your Studio times:
Jan 8 – Jan 31
Mondays 2:00pm – 5:00pm
Wednesdays 6:00pm – 9:00pm
There are trophies up for grabs for the following categories (we think Lupine should be able to take down a couple!):
– Team with the most completed drawings
– Individual with most pledges
– Team with most pledges
– Team with the most TOTAL social media likes
How To Get Involved
Option A – Be on the team! This means you will draw with us 🙂 We also hope that you will help us raise some money for CVA as Team Lupine by asking for pledges from your friends and family, but it’s certainly not mandatory. Do these 2 simple things to signup:
- 5 minutes – Sign up at CanadaHelps.org. This is our official team sign up. You will create a personal fundraising page which will be added to Team Lupine! Again, it’s not mandatory that you actually fundraise, but it is appreciated 🙂 We’re happy to have you join us in the challenge either way!
- 1 minute – Join our team Facebook group, TEAM LUPINE, to share your drawings with other team members!
About Comox Valley Arts Council
Since 1965, CVA has acted as an advocate for emerging arts and culture in the Comox Valley. They serve the community – inviting artists of all kinds to participate in events and providing support to those who are pursuing higher artistic excellence.