It’s so much fun getting to know all of our Artist Instructors and we’re happy to do this fun Q&A for you to get to know them a little better also!
Nicole has been instructing with us since early 2017 and currently looks after our Very Beginner Watercolour Workshops, as a other various Level 2 Watercolour Workshops.
Please be sure to visit and follow her on Facebook and Instagram!
If there’s anything else you’d like to know about Nicole or her work, please don’t be shy – contact us or her directly!
Email: [email protected]
Art related questions:
- At what age did you know you were going to become an artist?
As a child I was always creating with paint, paper, fabric, and things I found in nature. In high school I decided to go to art school, even though I wanted to become a Marine Biologist too.
- How long have you been selling your art?
I started selling artwork at craft fairs in high school.
- What is your favourite medium or technique?
Right now I’m loving watercolour and acrylic paint pens because it’s so easy to start and stop. It fits my busy-mama lifestyle.
- How would you describe your studio/workspace?
Too small!!! I use an old galley kitchen in the downstairs of our house. I’d really love a proper studio; a little cottage in the backyard would be dreamy.
- Where can people purchase your art?
Through my website, Instagram or Facebook.
- What was your favourite place to travel to?
I love camping, hiking, biking and exploring the Oregon Cascade mountains and along the Oregon Coast.
- What was the best and worst purchases you’ve ever made?
My best purchases are experiences, like trips, retreats and classes. My worst purchases are items that don’t last and end of in the landfill – ugh.
- Do you listen to podcasts and if so, what is your favourite?
The Good Life Project, Hurry Slowly
- What’s one of your nicknames?
- What’s your favorite cookie?
- If someone asked to be your apprentice and learn all that you know, what would you teach them first?
I would encourage them to have a daily or weekly practice in a sketchbook or art journal. The more we create, the more we grow as artists.
More about Nicole…
Please check out Nicole’s Bio here: Nicole Warrington.