Samantha has been leading students in macrame and weaving workshops since shortly after we opened and they’ve been a hit! We proud of where she has taken her business – please visit her social media profiles and store to see her amazing work (links above).
Email: s[email protected]
Facebook: SKC Decorative Arts
Art related questions:
- At what age did you know you were going to become an artist?
- How long have you been selling your art?
- What is your favourite medium to practice in?
Fibre. Weaving & macramé.
- How would you describe your studio/workspace?
My partner would say our entire home = studio.
- Where can people purchase your art?
Etsy or by contacting me!
- What was your favourite place to travel to?
Thailand & Ibiza, Spain are tied.
- What was the best and worst purchases you’ve ever made?
Best: any plane/travel ticket. Worst: a gym membership.
- What’s the dumbest way you’ve been injured?
I’m very lucky and have never seriously injured myself. I broke my big toe en pointe during a dance rehearsal when I was 16 and that same year I fell in the bleachers at school and twisted/sprained my elbow?!
- Do you listen to podcasts and if so, what’s your favourite?
Yes, I just recently got into podcasts … I enjoy a few Fibre arts related podcasts, but also like murder mystery ones as well.
- What’s one of your nicknames?
- What’s your favourite cookie?
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Raisin.
- If someone asked to be your apprentice and learn all that you know, what would you teach them first?
Patience, practice & perseverance